6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut in half lengthwise
½ cup Fresh squeezed orange juice
¼ cup Fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tbsp Canola oil
1 tbsp Chile powder
2 Cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp Chipotle peppers finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped scallions, for garnish
Grilled lime halves, for garnish
- Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish.
- Whisk orange juice, lime juice, oil, chili powder, and garlic. Pour over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator 1 to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken directly on the grill and cook until each side becomes golden brown and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side. Turn, cover the grill and cook for another few minutes until tender.
- Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Garnished with scallions, lime wedges, and Café Tequila Citrus Habanero Sauce.